Kalin is a certified Speech Language Pathologist and the owner of Speech Heart Services, LLC. She is a wife and mother of two who resides in Yukon, Oklahoma. She has experience from skilled nursing facilities, hospital setting, private practice, home health, and schools targeting the speech-language need of patients.
She received a Bachelor Degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders from Oklahoma State University, and a Master’s Degree in Communication disorders from West Texas A&M. She has served hundreds of individuals with a variety of communication impairments; including speech sound disorders (articulation therapy), language disorders (both receptive and expressive), stuttering (fluency disorders), childhood apraxia of speech (CAS), tongue thrust (orofacial myofunctional disorder), hearing loss (aural rehabilitation/habilitation), traumatic brain injury, processing disorders, cognitive impairments, cleft lip/palate, down syndrome, autism, dysphagia (feeding disorders) all ranging from ages 0-103.
- Licensed by the Oklahoma State Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
- Holds the Certificate of Clinical Competence from the American Speech-Language Hearing Association
- SOS (Sequential Oral Sensory) feeding approach address both the sensory processing and the oral motor skills a child needs to eat.
- Trained in PROMPT: Prompts for Restructuring Oral Muscular Phonetic Targets; a tactile-kinesthetic approach to speech therapy.
- Member of the American Speech-Language Hearing Association
- Member of the Oklahoma-Speech-Language Hearing Association
- Specialization in AAC Devices for Non-Verbal Children encompasses the communication methods used to supplement or replace speech.